Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sometimes Life


Susan and I were house parents for a time and looked after a group of young women who were hormonally pregnant, had OCD, PTSD and all the other personality traits associated with dysfunctional families. It was hard, very hard at times. The work was rewarding though, when we saw girls get their lives together and return to school or obtain work. The stress however, needed relieving and I would often get away. The photo shows a scene taken then, along the river in Portland's Waterfront Park, a calming place I would frequent. Another winter shot, it probably reflects the feelings and frame of mind I was in.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

A beautiful and poetic photo. I love the contrast of the harsh linear branches with the softness of the clouds. The lamp provides an interesting connection, almost a question.