Friday, November 12, 2010

Jimmy Crack Corn

There is something to be said for perfectionism. It gives the ability to pay close attention to detail. You see things that others don't. If they do, they don't care. The good, the bad and the ugly are relative. I notice alot of bad and ugly in my stuff, be it art or life. I've been told I shouldn't. I still do. It comes from trying to be what others want. It's all perceived. It's not real.

So, in an effort to be more in reality, I've stepped out of my obsession and created some imperfection. A quick sketch in oil pastels on basic printer paper. And, well, I don't care. Mostly.

8 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

Yay, Pierre.

Oil pastels are instant gratification.

And just think of the imperfect sketches as sketches, small quick works that will make your longer slower works better.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Dumpling, yay indeed. I can sense just how hard that was for you.

Pierre said...

Ironically, there are a lot of times when I don't have the patience for perfect.

Thanks both, for the comments.

Karin, you're a funny gal.

Anonymous said...

Since it's a daily photo blog, I couldn't locate the link. But I emailed him today, so I should have something this week.

Anonymous said...

Here it is!
http://torinodailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/10/and-life-goes-on.html

Anonymous said...

Remarkable how your vision, and a scene some thousand miles away, is so resonant. If you don't mind, I'm going to send your sketch to him. I know he'll love it.

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Hiker is absolutely right. That scene seems to come out from that photo

Pierre said...

Fabrizio, I saw your photo and was amazed at the resemblance. Thanks for the comment.